Features of CASPOC, A Simulation Experience!
Click to Close this View
CASPOC is best suited for modeling and simulating physical systems. It enables full-system virtual prototyping of applications in analog/power electronics, electric power generation/conversion/distribution and mechatronics.
CASPOC is especially designed for systems simulation. Real world electromechanical problems require the ability to design magnetic and electric components that produce needed forces and torques, such as motor and solenoid design. Optimal electromechanical designs are restricted by package size, weight, thermal considerations, available power and many other environmental limitations.
By using CASPOC, engineers can model, load and control in one multilevel model. This multilevel program includes a circuit level for the modeling of switched mode power supplies, a component level for the modeling of electrical machines/loads and a system level for the modeling of control algorithms. For educational purposes, CASPOC is the only simulator in the market with a circuit animation feature, which contains a "Freeze and Go Back" function.
By combining a variety of technologies into one single user interface, CASPOC combines the power and versatility required to challenge sophisticated design problems.
Simulation of two mosfets with heatsink.
CASPOC, A Simulation Experience!
- Replay of the simulation results for failure modes and further investigation. Any point in time can be traced back and the state of the simulation on that point in time can be observed, included the animation, signals and state animation inside hierarchical models
- Animation of the full current path
- Animated symbols on custom library blocks
- Drawing of mechanical system, rotating and translating. Shafts, gearboxes, springs, bearings
- Improved library of electrical machine models
- Easier setting of parameters for all components
- Extended library blocks for power electronics and drive systems
- Interface with Data Acquisition board
- Interface with FEM programs like Ansys
- Export of the C code from the control in the block diagram
- Optimized C code export, independent use on any type of microcontroller or DSP
- C code export for the fixed point TI QMATH Library
- Export of Spice netlist from a part of the schematic to perform a detailed spice simulation based on initial conditions calculated in Caspoc.
- Add notes and background bitmaps to your schematic.
- Math blocks for any function evaluation
- Multiplexing signals
- Create scripts to run Caspoc in Batch mode
- Parameter sweep for any component parameter
- Bode diagram for any system to identify stability, impedance and audiosusceptibility. Obtain the Gain/Phase margin, bandwidth for any type of power electronics, no averaging models are required.
- Animation of the contents of the hierarchical library blocks during simulation
- Project management data can be stored with the simulation project
- Archive function to archive the entire project with one click
The advantages of CASPOC to other simulation programs are:
- Animation of the electric circuit and the block diagram (see the current flow and animation of circuit components)
- Robust simulation kernel for smps, no convergence problems. Flexible robust non-linear function solver added for modeling non-linear components
- All signal results directly available during the simulation, mixing of circuit and block diagram signals
- AC Small-signal analysis for every type of Switched mode power supply, even resonant converters!
- Modeling language also for Microsoft Visual C.
- Coupling to simulink.
- Optimize your simulations using the Cscript language. Set parameters in your simulation and perform multiple simulations from the Cscript.
- Block Expression where you can enter a complete function, for example, y=i1+sin(i2).
- Block Cscript where you can enter some C code, which is interpreted. (to create state machines or model very complex models in C) The interpreted doesn't require a compiler, so it will be extremely handy to include some code in the model!
- Improved user interface, with explorer like component and files selection.
- Models for the bjt, diode, mosfet, igbt and heatsinks.
- Direct link between the block-diagram and the circuit model, so you can solve algebraic loops.
- Spice Diode model with spice .Model parameters.
- Mosfet model with subset of the spice .Model parameters. Non-linear and temperature dependend.
- Include a spice netlist, (subset).
- C script to control your simulation.
- Non-linear circuit elements.
- State Event detection to identify the exact point in time of switching instants
- Coupling to machine design tool Tesla.
- Directly open files from the project manager.
- Table editor for data files.
- Temperature calculations for heatsinks coupled to semiconductors.
- RMS and Average calculation on every trace in the scope.
- Look up tables 1D, 2D and multi-dimensional!
- New library blocks for control, machines, mechanical loads, etc.
- Rotating of library blocks in the schematic.
- AC voltage and current sources predefined.
- Power electronics tools directly from the project manager.
- Models for analog IC's like opamp and 555.
- Export of embedded C code for microcontroller design.
- Improved view of component lists.
- Typecast block for creating Fixed Point simulations.
- Report generator creates reports for all models in one directory. Automated running and report generation.
- License manager and registration replaced the hardware dongle.
- Fast simulation of Switched Mode Power Supplies without convergence problems
- Special fast switch models for a Diode, SCR, GTO and semiconductor switches
- Special block-diagram components for Power Electronics and Drive simulations such as DC-motor, induction machine, RMS, power-factor, harmonics and mechanical loads
- Small signal analysis for switching converters based on the time domain model, no averaging is required
- Libraries for modeling AC-vector drives, brushless AC drives, ab-dq transformations and mechanical loads
- Modeling control algorithms or component behavior using C/Pascal in Dynamic Link Libraries (DLL)
- Use the same control algorithm (C or Pascal) in your model and embedded software
- Schematic editor for drawing your circuit, system and component models
- Showing simulation results immediately during the simulation
- Show not only the time-domain waveforms but also phasors and harmonics online during simulation
- Interactive, parameter variations are immediately visible during the simulation on the screen
- EMC testing, compare simulated harmonics against the IEC 1000-3 limit.
- Many examples available in the area of Power Electronics and Electrical Drives, so in many cases your problem is already modeled!
- Animation of circuit components and block diagram components.
- Automated HTML report generator (Internet publication suitable)
- Extended block-set
- More standard ideal circuit components, such as IGBT, Mosfet, Zener and Schotttky diode.
- Easier editing of library models
- Background color or bitmap for the schematic
- New symbols for the block diagram components
- Animated objects for displaying rotating and moving objects
- Ready to use animated components such as; cars, meters, elevators, motors, arrows, transport belt, spindle, etc.
- Animated block for lamps, keys and 7-segment display
- Extended toolbar with new buttons for viewing and zooming
- Black/White for presentation on printed matter
- Coloring sets of components
- Bitmap to identify library blocks
- Animation of nodal voltages
- Numerical presentation of voltages and block-signals during the simulation
- Multiple simulations with varying parameters
- Easy selection of library blocks from the listbox
- Help per component
Efficient design and analysis tools
In addition to the modeling environment and the component library is available in Caspoc several tools that simplify the design and analysis of power electronic systems .
- During and after the simulation results are visualized with the Caspoc Scope . The Caspoc Scope is similar to a real oscilloscope , as it is used in electronics development . It allows the user to accurately represent relevant curves and to use the data for post-processing and reporting.
- With the built-in analysis tools can be determined in a simple way the steady-state operating condition as well as the transfer functions of open and closed loop . In addition, the state-space matrices of the system for further analysis can be read .
- With the help of simulation script the user can change parameters and run automated simulations and analyze simulation results and rework .
- The separately available Caspoc Coder allows the generation of C code for a modeled in Caspoc Blockset circuit .